Indian movie RRR has completed its 200 days of running in the theatres of Japan uninterrupted. It is one of the highest-grossing Indian films in the country of Japan. Read this article to know more.
The film RRR directed by SS Rajamouli has achieved another milestone. Since its release in October 2022, it has been running uninterrupted for 200 days in cinemas in Japan. RRR ran in the theatres of 44 cities and prefectures of Japan. It is the top of highest grossing Indian films in Japan. With this growth, it is said to be inching closer to the JPY 2 billion clubs at the box office.
- The director, SS Rajamouli on Twitter, thanked the people of Japan for showing such love for the movie.
- The movie last month has registered that over 1 million people have seen the movie in the theatres.
- The movie has now completed its 200 days in the theatre and has the potential to enter that JPY 2 billion club.
- As per a report, it is said that the movie grossed around JPY 195 million at the end of its 29th week of running in the theatres.
It is one of the movies closest to beating the record of Rajnikanth’s Muthu released almost two decades back. It has surpassed Muthu to reach this mark. Muthu remains the highest-grossing Indian film in the theatres of Japan. It had grossed over 4 Billion. Thus, it is one of the top Indian films in the JPY 4 billion club in Japan and highest grossed world-wide.
About the movie RRR:
- SS Rajamouli directed the movie RRR is a fictional story. However, the story was inspired by two real-life heroes.
- The movie was based on the lives of two well-known revolutionaries named Alluri Sitarama Raju and Komaram Bheem. Actor Ram Charan was selected to play the role of Ram and actor Tarak was selected to play the role of Bheem. The story takes place in the 1920s, a pre-independent era.
- The movie was a great success and grossed over ₹1200 crore from its global run of theatres worldwide.
RRR and Oscar:
RRR has achieved many milestones. One of the achievements of the movie was that they represented the movie at the Oscars and won an Oscar for the Original song category.
- The song Naatu Naatu of the movie was nominated for the category and won the award for the same. It was one of the greatest achievements of the movie.
- The composer of the song, MM Keervani accepted the award and gave the winning speech. He said that he wanted the movie to bring pride to the nation and its citizens.
- The song was performed live at the Oscars. It received standing ovations and cheering from the audience.
- Indian actress Deepika Padukone was the one who introduced the performance on the stage at the Oscars. It was seen that the audience made sure to cheer when she mentioned the name of the song.